Monday, August 1, 2011

Notebooks and My Failures.

             I write songs.  Well, that's not entirely true, I try with full intentions to write songs and do not succeed.  However, I have the tools to write songs: ideas, chords, a piano, and paper.  Every year before school I buy a five subject notebook, preferably Five Star, it's my favorite. These notebooks are beaten to death in my bag every year because I am sure that I'll need it.  I buy this notebook with the ridiculous notion that by the end of that year it will be filled with great ideas and full songs. At first when I get the notebook  I nick name it "Project Inspiration" (I'm currently on volume number IV) and eventually it becomes known as "The Dicking Around Book."
              In the Five Star five subject there are four pockets, I label the front of the pocket to indicate what will be behind it, the subjects in TDAB are as follows: 0- this has no pocket and is the first section which is known as the distraction section (it's pretty much the only one that ever gets used.) 1.- Titles and Ideas, this section holds things before they are actually worth anything. 2.- WIPs a.k.a. works in progress, this pocket forwards somethings that are pretty cool but then get discarded after a month or two. 3.- Rewrites, after the pocket there is nothing in vol. IV, I haven't had many ideas this year. And finally 4.- Finished Works, again there is nothing here.
                Maybe it's the fact that I'm still in high school and haven't lived very long or maybe it's because I never have anytime but I have done nothing with my life and this ism expressed in the failure to write in my TDAB.  I think it's because I have done nothing in the past week but worry about singing at my brother's wedding that this has not even had an ounce of good content here. Sorry. Barely anyone reads my blog anyway. Oh well. Well for lack of a better ending I leave you with this: And the little bird died. Amen, Hallelujah,  Don't change, I love you. Blah blah blah, whatever. Good story, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment